Friday, May 2, 2014

BlogEntry9



             In my research project I would like to write about factory farming that breed animals in terrible conditions. This problem is associated with antibiotics that occur in our food. All big farming corporations try to maximize their output and reduce costs of living animals which they do by keeping huge amount of animals in incredibly small spaces. This cruel conditions cause that animals get sick very easily. To avoid spreading infections in farms, companies use enormous amounts of antibiotics to keep their animals healthy. In this research project I would like to prove that antibiotics  in food-producing animals have negative effects on humans health.  I plan to show that constant consumption  of food that contains antibiotic resistant bacteria which is a result of overuse of antibiotic in factory farms is dangerous for people.
            So far I use mostly Internet to find more information about this issue. I try to select all the sources of this knowledge, and I believe that websites which end on .org or .gov are credible form my project.
There are information that refer to current American law regulations about the use of antibiotic among animals intended for human consumption.
On this website I found many information regarding relationship between antibiotic used in factory farming and human health. Moreover, there are .pdf files that illustrate how many antibiotics are approved for use in animals produced for food.
In  The New York Times there are many articles about antibiotics used in factory farming and  food safety in America. In this article I can find information about  the Food and Drug Administration  regulations affecting use of antibiotic by farming plants.
In the LaGuardia library I discovered a book  Wiley - Interscience Series on Mass Spectrometry : Chemical Analysis of Antibiotic Residues in Food written by Wang, Jian MacNeil, James D. Kay, Jack F. The Chapter 3 refer to antibiotics in food and food safety regulations.
            If my topic is approved I will start doing some plan of my project. I will do a paper draft which will include the structure and some notes of my ideas I would like to include in the project.  I did not have difficulties with finding information, but I know I will have to systematize knowledge I found.

8 comments:

  1. I like your topic. You found a lot of information for this topic. I want to know more about this and do some research about this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this topic it a good idea i can wait to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good topic and look at the meatrix there is a lot of info there about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have few more sources and i will use the meatrix too

      Delete
  4. very interesting topic looking forward to reading it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your topic is great and the sources look nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good topic and good sources. Not something I've read much about so looking forward to see what you're able to find.

    ReplyDelete